John Parker, Candidate for Eastern Board of Ed

What distinguishes you as a candidate?

I was born and raised in Voorhees, NJ.  I went to Osage, VMS and Eastern High School.  I graduated in 1989 which was the same year I achieved the rank of Eagle Scout which is the highest rank in Boys Scouts of America.    

It has always been important for me to give back to the community and I have extensive experience volunteering and dedicating my time to serve others. I am the chairman of The Friends of the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) “Party with a Purpose”. This event has raised more than $7 million for the past 13 years in the quest to conquer cancer.  

I also serve as Vice Chairman on the Board of Trustees for the Virtua Foundation, a non-profit whose mission is to transform health care for everyone in South Jersey – I am the Chairman-elect for 2019.

Furthermore, I’ve been recognized by Wells Fargo Advisors as a Premier Advisor, a designation that reflects a high degree of professional achievement and commitment to client service. I’ve been named one of Barron’s Top 1,200 Advisors as well as one of the Financial Times Top 400 Advisors for the last several years.

What connection do you have with education and high school students?

Our oldest son is currently a sophomore at Eastern High School and I hear directly from him and his friends what is happening.

I also have two children at VMS who will be attending EHS in the next couple of years.

What is your educational philosophy?

A well diversified education including Arts and Sciences is important for students to become fully prepared to thrive in life.

What do you think makes Eastern a special place?

Eastern High School is near and dear to my heart. It gave me the foundation to become a successful business leader today. I am always proud when I’m at Eastern because it has a great sense of community, leadership and the potential to become the #1 high school in South Jersey.

My vision is to utilize my experience to ensure: Fiscal responsibility, open and clear communication and safety for all students and teachers.  

#TeamParker4Eastern #Time4Change!