Veronica Parker, Eastern Board of Education Candidate

Why do you think you should be elected or re-elected? What distinguishes you as a candidate?

I was born and raised in Buenos Aires, Argentina.  My parents moved to the US to provide my siblings and I the American Dream.  Education has always been important in my family. Upon moving here, I learned English and was able to attend Rutgers University a year later.

I studied Biology and did research in Molecular Biology for a number of years.  While raising my children I got certified as a Yoga & Meditation teacher and created a Holistic Healing business to help women thrive in life. I’m also the creator & producer of the iTunes Podcast: Live Your Happy NOW! Conversations to open up and have an authentic, happy & fulfilled life.

Serving our community has always been a priority for me and I volunteered for local schools and organizations.  I’m currently a member of Moms Demand Action and a presenter for Be SMART promoting safe gun storage and preventing unintentional children shootings. I’m also a member of Voorhees School Safety and Security Committee. I’m passionate about keeping our schools, students and teachers safe at all times.

What connection do you have with education and high school students?

Our oldest son is a Sophomore at Eastern High School. Our daughter is in eighth grade and youngest son is in sixth grade @VMS.  I often connect with our children and their friends to learn about what’s happening and what’s important for them.

I’m a Kundalini Yoga Teacher @Hot Yoga Center in Voorhees, NJ where I teach students how to reduce stress while increasing mindfulness, flexibility and strength.

What is your educational philosophy?

Education has always been a priority in our family.  I believe education is the doorway to the realm of infinite possibilities. Having grown up in a country without much accessibility to high quality education, I advise our children to take advantage of the incredible resources and limitless opportunities available in the US & Voorhees.

What do you think makes Eastern a special place?

Eastern is an amazing institution with highly qualified teachers and powerful extra curricular activities.  It is a great place to discover who you really are by participating in different programs and making long lasting friendships. Remember, everything you experience at Eastern will help you become more of you and provide you with exceptional tools to create the life of your dreams. If you believe it, you can become it!

It is my vision to ensure that safety, high quality education and enhanced communication are priorities for Eastern High School.

For more information please visit http://www.Facebook.com/TeamParkerforEastern #Time4Change!