Fashion and interior design students take on New York

It was an eventful day for Mrs. Heyers’s Fashion and Interior Design students in New York City on December 12. Stopping first at The Fashion Institute of Technology, they were lead on a tour of the campus and The Fashion and Textile History Gallery.

The students then walked to Macy’s, Saks Fifth Avenue and Bergdorf Goodman’s to view the animated and carefully crafted Christmas window displays. Among them where Holiday themes with Snow White, New York City and trending Fashion and pop culture.

The class then went to Ellen’s Stardust Diner where the entertainment was centered around waiters and waitresses singing various known pieces from Hairspray, Frozen, and broadway productions.

After watching the dazzling performances, the students made their way to the Paley Center for Media where they had the opportunity to witness the panel Behind the Seams: Fashion and TV. Special guests included: Joanna Coles- Chief Content Officer of Hearst Magazines, Nina Garcia and Zac Posen- Project Runway judges. They spoke about the fashion industry, the major changes it is and will experience, and how Project Runway has paved a new exposure to the fashion industry. New York City has proven a fun and educational experience.