Wow! I’m Editor-in-Chief?

I am very excited to see what big changes I can bring to The Voyager. I want to expand the online resources we have. I feel we could do things on the website, but also on social media platforms. 

Mr. Bowne

In the year 2020, it is essential work to be online, promoting and engaging with people. If not, you will be a nobody.

Walking through the doors of Eastern, four years ago seems like forever ago. I remember sitting in my freshman homeroom thinking, “Man, this place has a ton of people and is massive.” I thought to myself,  “only four more years.”

Well, I am beginning that fourth and final year. On the first day of school, much like I did as a freshman, I sat and thought to myself. Much like freshman year I thought about the future. However, this time I was thinking about next year, not four years into the future. I  thought to myself, “this time next year, I will be sitting in a giant lecture room with many thousands of kids I have never met before surrounding me.”

Oh how time flies. I never doubted my ability to make it through high school. I was never one of those people who thought they would never make it. 

I believed in myself. I knew that at the end of the day, it was just school, and that once I found my footing, I would be fine. And I was correct. 

As many seniors do, I have been thinking about college, often. I have put a lot of hard work into my academic profile, and I believe I have set myself up for success. 

But my life is not all about school. I have other things on my mind, like the beginning of the NFL season, but more importantly the start of the Eagles season. 

From the time the Eagles lost to the Saints in the Divisional round of the playoffs, I have had Week One circled on my calendar. Another year of Eagles football is upon us, and I could not be more excited.

The Eagles have high expectations this year, and I fully expect them to achieve these expectations. My expectation is that in February, I will be standing on the Ben Franklin Parkway, with hundred of thousands of other Eagles fan, celebrating the Eagles’ second Super Bowl title in three years. 

Carson Wentz is back to full strength and signed a long term extension making him one of the highest paying quarterbacks in the league. 

He is surrounded by arguably the deepest and most talented roster in the league. The additions of DeSean Jackson, Miles Sanders, Jordan Howard, and others should ease the burden on Wentz. He has talent and playmakers around him. I fully expect him to return to his 2017 form, where he was the MVP front runner until going down with an injury.

I am excited for the new school year. There is lots to look forward to. Proms, trips, college, and other adventures along the way. With each new school year comes new fun and challenge. 

This year I am editor-in-chief of The Voyager. I am very excited to take on this role. I am passionate about journalism and want to improve an already great newspaper. 

The staff is big this year, with lots of motivated underclassmen. I can not wait to see what work they bring to the paper. I am ready to bring the Voyager back to the top.

This may have been a bit scattered, but hey, that’s what was on my mind.